Migrate on-premises PostgreSQL to Azure Database for PostgreSQL
Enable simpler integrations with reliable, flexible, and cost-effective cloud resources
The cloud has evolved, and with it, priorities have shifted.
While the common value propositions of the cloud, such as cost-effective resources with on-demand scalability, have remained largely unchanged over the years, more organizations are migrating their databases to the cloud than ever before. In fact, according to Gartner, 75% of all databases will be deployed or migrated to the cloud by 2022.
Two key drivers for this include taking advantage of the pay-as-you-go consumption model enabled by the cloud, as well as capturing the benefits of cloud-enabled analytics solutions.
Why migrate PostgreSQL to Azure Database for PostgreSQL?
Not only does Azure Database for PostgreSQL run on Microsoft's flexible, scalable, and cost-effective cloud resources, it also enables easy integration with other Microsoft and partner-developed cloud solutions. This includes analytics solutions like Azure Synapse Analytics. Microsoft makes integrating third party solutions and services straightforward as well, helping to provide organizations with a quick, simple migration process.
Microsoft Azure Database for PostgreSQL also offers:
- An SLA for 99.99% uptime
- Autoscaling for cloud resources
- Intelligent performance recommendations for environment right-sizing
- Full compatibility with community PostgreSQL with preferred extensions such as PostGIS and TimescaleDB with additional support for languages like Python with Django and Ruby on Rails
- Tight integrations with other Microsoft and Azure services, like Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure App Service, and Azure Kubernetes Service
- Support for Hyperscale that allows you to scale out data to hundreds of nodes by automatically sharding underlying data
- The Azure arc-enabled services allow you to run Azure on-premises, at the edge and in multi-cloud environments on an infrastructure of your choice
- The security of the cloud, plus advanced security via Azure Advanced Threat Protection
As a longstanding Microsoft Gold Partner, Neal Analytics is in a unique position to help organizations achieve a rapid time-to-value via a quick migration. Additionally, with our AI and Machine Learning expertise, Neal Analytics can help organizations do even more with their Azure database by enabling cutting edge use cases.
Want to learn more? Fill out the form to download our PostgreSQL migration brochure.
Neal Analytics is a cloud, data, and AI Microsoft Gold consulting partner supporting data-driven transformation initiatives from data strategy to solution design, architecture, development, operationalization, and support.
Our expertise spans across migration and modernization, data science, AI/ML, IoT, edge computing, BI, application development, and RPA.
With a focus on right-sized and pragmatic approaches towards digital transformation, Neal leverages Agile methodologies and flexible engagement models to deliver measurable customer value.